Ahmadiyya Islam

• SB@WhaleOil writes:

Iqbal Mohammed sent me the video to show me how imported extremism is getting worse in the UK. Muslims who are not tolerant of the Amadiyya Muslims and show their intolerance with death threats, violence and murder are Muslims who will equally be a threat to our New Zealand way of life. Iqbal said that extremism is something we must all stand together against in order to safeguard the future of our children irrespective of their colour creed and beliefs and I heartily agree with him.

Like me, they are sceptical about the stated reason for the Sunni Egyptian Imams visiting New Zealand. They assured me that they would not allow an Egyptian Imam to take control of their mosque. They do not believe that there is yet a problem with radicalisation in New Zealand and wondered why these Imams aren’t taking care of the problem in their own backyard. This confirmed my suspicion that the Imams aren’t here to ‘reduce radicalisation’ at all but to promote their version of ‘ true Islam.’ I could be wrong but it smells to me like a hostile takeover. We have already seen an attempt in New Zealand (with violence) to take over the Avondale Mosque when there were two different versions of ‘true Islam’ at play. Both in Avondale and now with the Egyptian Imams it is Muslims from Sunni Islam that are attempting to take control.

So are Ahmadiyya Muslims true Muslims attempting to reform a politicized and fragmented Islamic culture, or are they a sect which has abandoned the true meaning of the Quran?

The Ahmadiyya have an alternate interpretation of Khatam an-Nabiyyin, a title of Mohammed meaning "seal of the prophets".

In the Quran the word 'seal' is applied in the context of the sealing of hearts and hearing and mouths (2:7, 6:46, 36:65, 42:24, 45:23), implying stoppage, and the sealing of wine (83:25-26), meaning to hold fast.

They will be given to drink [pure] wine [which was] sealed.
    The last of it is musk. So for this let the competitors compete.
    Surah 83:25-26, Sahih International.

They are given to drink of a pure wine, sealed,
    Whose seal is musk - for this let (all) those strive who strive for bliss
    Surah 83:25-26, Pickthall

So from the Quran the meaning of the title could be interpreted either way, in a negative sense as a stoppage or termination, or in a positive sense as holding fast or continuation. However, the context can be extended to other prophets, and the meaning is positive, since the phrase "word of God" is associated most closely with prophecy and the relevant verse implies continuation in the inheritance of nations rather than termination:

Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
    Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
    The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
    Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
    If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
    Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
    John 10:31-36, KJV

I have said, Ye are Elohim; and all of you are children of the most High.
    But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.
    Arise, O Elohim, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.
    Psalm 82:6-8

• Istvaña @ Kiwiblog writes:

Does the Islam already here really need fixing if it doesn’t seem to be broke?

Currently there isn’t a problem in NZ, although the potential for one does exist. In NZ the three main groups are Sunni, Shia, and Ahmadi. Sunni & Shia have a history of conflict arising from the Sunni “democratic” approach to political power. Ahmadiyya Islam holds to the position that mosque and state should be separate, which is more consistent with the Quran’s “no compulsion in religion” verse. The potential for internal conflict then is due to there being conflicting views on the proper way to acquire political power, a problem which also exists for the state in NZ.

• Muslims at mass

Ahmadi group at the mass

• Thousands of Muslims from across the world converged on the UK for a convention where they rejected extremism and violence of terror groups such as Isis.

More than 30,000 members of the Ahmadiyya Islamic movement met at Oakland Farm in Hampshire for a three-day convention, the 50th time the annual event has taken place.

On the final day, attendees were led by the global Caliph of the movement in a vow of peace and a pledge of allegiance to their home countries

“The only thing the terrorists are achieving is to completely violate the teachings of the Holy Koran and of the Holy Prophet Muhammad,” His Holiness Hazrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad told attendees, according to the MailOnline.

“Let it be clear that they are not practising Islam, rather it seems as though they have invented their own hate-filled and poisonous religion.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/more-than-30000-ahmadiyya-muslims-from-across-the-world-meet-in-the-uk-to-reject-isis-and-islamic-a7191306.html

• Media Blackout As Millions Of Muslims March Against ISIS In Iraq

By American Herald Tribune | November 22, 2016

Given the mainstream media’s constant sensationalized reporting on terror and Muslims in the Western world, the utter lack of coverage of Arbaeen’s march on Sunday and Monday revealed the double standard that exists in reporting on peaceful Muslims.

Monday marked the final day of the mourning for Imam Hussein who was martyred in a battle with the massive army of Yazid after refusing allegiance to the tyrant caliph. Yazid the caliph of Umayyad dynasty was promoting the same type of Islam as ISIS and Wahhabist preach today.

Millions of marchers participated in the annual Arbaeen Procession in Karbala. The marchers are said to come from over 60 countries, and most of them have marched all the way to Karbala from other Iraqi cities like Najaf and Baghdad in a show of devotion. Each year, Sunni Muslims and followers of other religious groups such as Christians join the journey to mourn the martyrdom of Imam Hussein.

Arbaeen, or mourning, is a Shia Muslim tradition to mark the anniversary of seventh-century social justice leader Imam Husain. Arbaeen is commemorated 40 days after Ashura, the martyrdom anniversary of Imam Hussein (AS) and his companions in 680 AD. However, in light of ISIS terror attacks globally, several people took the controversial step of turning their march political in order to denounce terror in all forms.

http://www.mintpressnews.com/media-blackout-millions-muslims-march-isis-iraq/

• Jihad in the Quran

jahadu is the verb form of the noun “jihad".

The believers are only the ones who have believed in Allah and His Messenger and then doubt not but strive[jahadu] with their properties and their lives in the cause of Allah. It is those who are the truthful.
    Surah 49:15

The ones who have believed, emigrated and striven[jahadu] in the cause of Allah with their wealth and their lives are greater in rank in the sight of Allah. And it is those who are the attainers [of success].
    Surah 9:20

But the Messenger and those who believed with him strove[jahadu] with their wealth and their lives. Those will have [all that is] good, and it is those who are the successful.
    Surah 9:88

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.